About Me

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
HR Apprentice. Ex Media Studies student at Swansea University. This blog is a collection of links, articles, academic reference and random thoughts.

Thursday 12 June 2008

Armed police in school gun alert

ARMED police officers were called to a school yesterday after pupils spotted a man carrying a rifle. Quick thinking pupils reported the incident and police were alerted. A firearm was recovered and there were three arrests. My children attend the school and both said that whilst they were made aware of the situation they felt there was no immediate danger and I am grateful that staff at the school responded so quickly. As a parent I have always taken the stance that schools should not become prisons with high fence security and surveillance cameras but I have to admit that this incident did frighten me and I am starting to see the reasoning behind such security measures. I am sure this was only a one off incident but it does bring it home to me that gun crime exists and it may be happening right on your front door

read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything to say about this story?

My Blog List

Global Voices Online » Palestine

Blog Archive

ads